Sunday, August 26, 2012

One Man's Meat... wait....


First of all, you are welcome for the header photo.

I'm 33k into edits on my sci fi/fantasy mish mash. It's not going so awesome. I hate it when the pendulum swings in the opposite direction. I question everything. The approach of the story. If the thing is even sell-able. A month ago, I thought it was a frakking masterpiece.

Time will tell, I guess.

Tonight, I'm finally watching War Horse. Now, I love horses, I love Tom Hiddleston, but I had delayed watching this. Because of reasons. For instance, right now, the horse is wrapped in about 100 feet of barbed wire. It makes me physically sick. I know the real-life horse isn't in any real-life danger, but my imagination is too good... and I can only imagine the horror of this actually happening. And at one point, the horse seems to put himself in the traces so his horse-friend doesn't die. Like that could happen. 

Now this movie won all kinds of awards and raked in all kinds of dough. However, I find it far too sentimental, and sadly lacking in actual horse knowledge. If Spielberg wasn't the one making this movie, I don't think it would have been made. Others think this thing is a frakking masterpiece.

So maybe there's hope for me and my mish mash yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment