Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Panoply of Parentheticals



So the thing I forgot to extol in my last blog post was that last weekend was a 4 day weekend for me. Sadly, I did not take as full advantage of it as I could. 



However- I am only about 1k or so off my goal so I’m not gonna stress out too much. Plus, I just cut a good ¼” off my fingernails – so my typing speed and accuracy should be much improved. Not to mention the pain factor.

They were even long than this.

 
 I’ve also earned some points on Amazon (please don’t ask me how – this blog isn’t about self-flagellation) and I ordered the DVD set I’ve been dreaming of- it has Persuasion*, Sense and Sensibility and Miss Austen Regrets all together from the 2007 Season of Austen. Then I flat out bought the Northanger Abbey DVD. I have taken to “watching” movies in the background as I write while I’m in composition mode in Scrivener. I find I’m able to drown them out as easily as I can music. And sometimes I put off the writing when I want to watch a movie and read (Yes, I also have a movie on in the background when I read. Don’t judge me. I live alone and can’t stand silence.) 



So now I let myself turn on a movie. I’m still doing very well – writing 2k a day, usually within an hour and a half - and I have about another 6 chapters of outline. (No way that will turn in to fewer than 10 chapters. I don’t judge chapter lengths so well.)

Tonight... I came home and wrote this blog post... and I am flagging. I think I need a nap. We'll see if I get up and write. I can't tell you what the reason for this post was other than the amusing gifs and the parentheticals. Reason enough to nap before I write, eh?

eh?

 
*I know. I know. The ending is utter shit. I hate it. I loathe it. Jane would probably like to come back from the dead and beat the director over the head and naughty parts for having Anne run around Bath like a harlot. The kiss is the worst ever committed to film.

No comments:

Post a Comment