Monday, January 21, 2013

New Book Review Blog



I am sure this will delight Blogger no end....

I have started a book review blog on Wordpress. Uh. Again.

I tried this before, and made it such a pain in the ass that I stuck to it all of a month and a half. This time, I am just going to make it free and easy. It's reviews of books I've read, celebrations of author's birthdays, discussion of books I can't wait to come out, that sort of thing. It will be all over the place. For instance, here is a sample of my Goodreads shelves.

Apocalypse
Classic
Classic - Mystery
Contemporary - Literature
Epic-fantasy
Erotica
Fantasy
Fantasy-romance
Gothic
Gothic-Historical
Gothic - Modern
Historical - fantasy
Historical - romance (the vast majority of this is actually Regency Romance)
Horror
Horror - classic
Paranormal - romance
Science fiction
Science fiction - romance
Steampunk
Urban Fantasy

Right now, the next few reviews will be Tiffany Allee's Lycan Unleashed, Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, and most likely, the first three books of Kevin Hearne's Iron Druid Chronicles... I don't know if I am going to do one post for all three books, or individual ones. I got the bundle as a library book, can't renew it, and have until February 8th to read all three of them. I better go read.

This blog ain't goin' nowhere. I am still writing away. I'm over 100k on Nocturnelle (my gothic romance) and still going. Clearly, it's going to be more than 90k. I really floundered, and whole chunks of this badboy have to be re-written. But I continue. I will finish it. I will edit Vampire Baron and Dreadlight over February and March. I will soldier on. I will be seeking agents. Agents of the world: gird your loins.

Writers: Write on.

Readers: Come on my magical journey with me. 
Books with BettieLee... All manner of bookery


2 comments:

  1. I will be there...I love book blogs...good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I posted my first one - It went pretty well! Thanks for stopping by here, too. :)

    ReplyDelete