Friday, November 9, 2012

I been tagged for a blog hop, ya'll!



I have been tagged to be in a blog hot! @Kitiandra and @CobraMisfit tagged me! And there are rules! You have to answer these questions: so I will...Here are the rules: Answer these ten questions about your current WIP (Work In Progress) on your blog. Tag five other writers/bloggers and add their links so we can hop over and meet them.

1. What is the working title of your book?

Nocturnelle. I stole it from a Paperblanks Journal. It's a reproduction of a very old poetry book from the early 1800's - the Poetical Works of Thomas Moore. It's gorgeous. 

2. What genre does the book fall under?

Gothic Romance.

3. Which actors would you choose to play your characters for the movie rendition?

OH! I love this kind of thing. Tom Hiddleston, yes that is my current man crush, to play the male lead, and I have no shame. I have a girl picked out for lead character, but I don't think I can post the picture. I found a gorgeous wallpaper with a very pretty blond girl, and she was also the cover model for another author's book. She's stunningly pretty. Blond hair. Blue eyes. Perky nose. Everything I hated about my sister.








4. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?

I don't believe in one sentence synopsisisis. I hate you for this question. But here goes.

After her uncle speculates away her fortune, Tallulah Winwood is sent to try and inherit the estate of Nocturnelle by staying there for six consecutive months, unless the shades of the past and the curse hanging over the house drive her from it.

*gasp* *pant* *gasp*


5. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

I do hope to find an agent. But I hope by the time this one is in the bag, I will have found one with my other gothic romance.

6. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

Wait. I'm not done yet. It's mah NaNo - I am 33k into it and project it will be 90k. I hope to be done this month.

7. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

uhh... uhh... all of them... Pretty heiress. Scheming uncle/guardian. Remote house with a ghost. BUT it's the way you mix them in the blender!! Also, I add a dash of the paranormal, what with a vampire as the hero. Ok, seriously, this is sort of like Udolpho or mindful of Mary Stewart. I hope. 

8. Who or what inspired you to write this book?

My love of old houses with rambling scenery. And all things English and Victorian. And good ol' fashioned horror. And how much Bela Lugosi made me go all shivery with just a look and Robert Pattinson makes me wanna barf... I apologize to the RPatz fans.

9. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

I think this is the kind of thing you like to read if you like the ol' gothic romance of yore, or if you wish your paranormal romance had carriages and horses. And Tom Hiddleston. And a plucky heroine that you might have to learn to love just a little bit.

Question #10: Tag, you’re it!

And, you know what? It is really late in the day, and everyone has been tagged already. I mean, I was tagged twice. And so were others. So I'm logging to the twitter posts, and you can just follow the links to the blogs, mmmkay? also, it's been a long week and I am super tired. Leave your hate in teh comments.




No comments:

Post a Comment