Sunday, May 13, 2012

OK, Not Quite There

It was a valiant effort, but I bit off more than I can chew. I didn't get the entire edit of Endways of the Gods done. I have about 8-10k left to edit, but I'm spent. The words are starting to blur together. I'm also worried about pacing toward the end. It goes from a very 18th century feel to a tech-heavy world and I don't know if I slow down enough and show the wonder. I guess I'll find that out when we get to the beta stage!


This second part doesn't have much to do with anything... but I know a lot of you are like me, and very inspired by artwork. I found two fantasy works that I wish I'd had when writing The Vampire Baron - or rather, I could have had it, as these are so apropos. I did a doubletake when I came across the gorgeous red dress and fancy necklace with the mask. It fits a scene in the story. I love the way the couple is looking at each other in the second picture, outside in the moonlight. It also matches a scene. I thought I would share. 





I got these from an FB group called Life Is a Fantasy. If you are the artist and want me to remove these or link to your site, I will, quite happily.

2 comments:

  1. That first picture is gorgeous - I'm a sucker for masks! & good luck on finishing editing, you seem to have gotten quite a lot done so I wouldn't worry about not quite finishing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) I'm also a sucker for a pretty mask.

    ReplyDelete