Wednesday, October 31, 2012

ERHMAGERD! MERCHEANDERS!


In less than 24 hours.... NaNoWriMo begins.

I have a few things to update ya'll on. First: I did indeed achieve my personal goal of editing all the books I intended to edit this year: acknowledging that I did not finish Endways of the Gods in it's entire... it did get at least 2 editing passes done on it, but I ended up dumping the idea of finishing it. The three books I have edited are books that I believe I can sell. Two I hope are agent-worthy, one could find a home at a quality small press, in my humble little opinion. I have no idea how to "sell" Endways at this time. 

Second: I will be doing NaNoWriMo, 30 days and 50k of writing madness, but here at the casa, we are going hardcore. I want to really-and-for-true write a whole novel this month, not half of one. That means 3k a day so I get 90k written this month. It is a glorious goal. It is a do-able goal. But for now, it is a goal. The proof will be in the pudding, as they say. We will see how it goes.

Third: I have finally purchased a piece of NaNoWriMo merch! Every year, I say I'm going to buy something, and this year, I did. I got a wrist bracelet that includes a handy dandy 2gig usb flash drive! And the fabulous people of The Office of Letters and Light got me that bad boy a day after I ordered it. 

Fourth: The people of the East coast are in my thoughts, as Sandy continues to pound the seashore. I hope all my friends are safe and well. It's gonna be a hell of a clean up. But America is always at her best in times of crisis. For all the scumbags tragi-crafting on Etsy, there will be many more good people donating time, money, and supplies. Prayers are probably needed as well. 

Finally, have a Happy Halloween, stay safe, and Merry NaNoWriMo. 

God bless Iron Man. God bless America.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, 90k in a month. And I thought 50k was hard... :S
    Good luck, I'll be cheering you on. :)

    This will be my fourth year doing NaNo, and I STILL haven't gotten myself some merch. Maybe I'll get myself a hoodie or a shirt if I win. Maybe. Haha.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with NaNo! You have a hefty goal to pursue, but you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Jessica! :) Definitely a "carrot" to go after. The hoodies are cool.
    KE: thank you! I hope i can... if you keep up with the blog, you will find out how I do... we'll see.

    ReplyDelete