Sunday, May 5, 2013

Sunday Wrapup May 5, 2013

I have finished another edit pass of another manuscript. I want to do another quick read/edit before I send it off to the chosen few, but I am one very, very almost satisfied author.



I mean, are we ever done? Are we ever done wondering if our plot is cohesive? If the love story is working? If we have worked hard enough for the rest periods and rested hard enough before the action? 

In a word, no. But for now, I am very, very almost satisfied.

Weekly stats
Edited: 5 of the past 7 days
Words edited: 40,253
Blog posts: 3 - 2 on the writer blog, 1 on the book blog
# of squee-rific ducklings on the pond: 6
Coffee: In-numerable cups
# of Star Trek feels: also In-numerable
New soundtracks: 2



The Star Trek World Premiere was this week. I missed the actual moment, as I was either at work or sleeping... but when I got home, I denied myself the pleasure of endless Benedict Cumberbatch and Zachary Quinto (and let's not forget Karl Eomer Urban) interviews, gifs and images. I edited and wrote a blog post and then I was up way too late doing all of the above. Now please understand: I am a proud Trekkie. It has nothing to do with the men. I grew up on the Trek. I rediscovered the Trek in my 20's when the Next Generation came on the scene and destroyed our hearts and minds with it's science and heart. I think Gene Roddenberry is up there sitting on the right side of Carl Sagan. The fact JJ Abrams was smart enough to hire mens I like to star in it is just a sign of his amazing taste.

I was also saddened to hear that Harper Lee has had to sue her scum-sucking agent for taking advantage of her hearing and sight loss and getting her to sign over (to his very own self) the copyright TO HER ONLY FREAKING BOOK. I say we vote him the very worse person in the world. Right now.

Also, my iPod cannot play "Wild and Untamed Thing" from Rocky Horror Picture Show loud enough.

But, can anything made from mortal hands do so?

No comments:

Post a Comment