Friday, May 3, 2013

What does it need a title for?



I can't believe I haven't blogged since Sunday. Wow. And I've been pretty good on most fronts. I only missed one day of editing, I've done about 28k of edits this week. I'm down to roughly 11k left. I am positive I will get through it this weekend. Then another rough run-through to dot some t's and cross some i's.... wait. Stop that. Reverse it. I even managed to wrangle some poor unsuspecting people to read it. 



I've had two interesting things happen this week. First of all, I cried a couple times reading scenes. This happens occasionally, but I was actually thinking about it this time. I haven't read this book since July of last year, when I edited the holy living demon out of it. Are you some sort of crazy narcissist if you weep tears over the killing of imaginary creatures? Or at the roadblocks you've thrown in lover's paths? OR are you just a very sad individual that has narrowly avoided living in their parent's basement...but who still lives with a cat? I don't know. But I had some waterworks this week. I just hope the betas cry at the right places.



I also have had days where I come gotten to my words-edited-goal for the day and wanted to continue. This has to be a good thing. For the most part, I have resisted, because despite not having read it since July of last year, I have read this thing a whole lot. It is still somewhat familiar. So familiar, I find myself not getting a close enough read and not seeing the clunky-ness of the sentences right in front of my face. I hate coming in the next day, reading over something I've edited already and finding it's still shit.

I am going to try and edit and blog every day this weekend (this being the first, as today is part of my weekend - no work today! Yay!) So you will be hearing from me. Here is to words that aren't shit. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment