Sunday, January 31, 2010

Meme and Progress

Word count: 64,921/100K

Had a little shakeup today. I have this ... thing... where I am suddenly unsatisfied with something, and everything must stop until I have put this thing to rest. The current dis-satisfaction? My writing setup. Everything is the wrong size. Card table is too deep, not wide enough. Little desk I've had since sixth grade is too narrow across the top and too tall to type at comfortably. I can't write in my journals on the card table without moving everything. I have no room to write in my journals on the desk if the computer is on it, so I try and use the two, juxtaposed in some manner. I tried to change it today, to shut up my interior dis-satisfaction.

Sigh.

Chalk another one up to "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

And I am going to do this meme, cuz everyone is doing this meme. It looked fun.

Your Cell Phone? Pink
Your Hair? Brown
Your Mother? Missing
Your Father? Retired
Your Favorite Food? Pizza
Your Dream Last Night? Disturbing
Your Favorite Drink? Coffee
Your Dream/Goal? Writer
What Room Are You In? All
Your Hobby? Reading
Your Fear? Homelessness
Where Do You See Yourself In Six Years? Published
Where Were You Last Night? Writing
Something That You Aren't? Thin
Muffins? Wish!
Wish List Item? Peace
Where Did You Grow Up? Oklahoma
Last Thing You Did? Write
What Are You Wearing? Sweats
Your TV? Obsessed
Your Pets? Cricket
Friends? Meh
Your Life? Satisfactory
Your Mood? Chipper
Missing Someone? Rarely
Vehicle? Red
Something You Aren't Wearing? Socks
Your Favorite Store? Borders
Your Favorite Color? Pink
When Was The Last Time You Laughed? Today
Last Time You Cried? Yesterday
Your Best Friend? Where?!
Facebook? bleh
Favorite Place To Eat? TGIF's
Favorite Character you've written about? Jale

5 comments:

  1. You're not wearing socks? FILTH! :-O

    *Ahem*

    Adam

    PS - Facebook is fun!
    PPS - Do we get photos of the rearranged desk? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes a change of surroundings really helps with creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, Adam, it looks the same, it's just facing the kitchen now, which you don't want to see, trust me! :)

    Yeah, Aubrie - what is with that? I get this wild hair and can't do anything until I've rearranged. it's weird.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same! If something is annoying me, or needs to be completed, I can't do anything else until it's dealt with. Glad I'm not the only one >.<

    ReplyDelete
  5. no - there are at least two of us! :)

    ReplyDelete