Monday, October 24, 2011

It's been a week

Greetings, Fearless Readers. I apologize for the blog's quietness. It's been almost a week since I blogged.

I am really glad to be trying to become a writer. There are times when it feels like it's all I've got. Today was a horrible, horrible day, and instead of going home and wandering around the apartment, inflicting unwanted love upon my cat, eating and sobbing, I am going to go home, open the current file containing my great work, and edit. And please understand, I use the word "great" as in meaning this thing has taken up a huge chunk of my time over the last year, it's become my Everest. It's huge and it's there. And I am not using a lesser adjective for it anymore. It will be a "great" day when I am finished. It will be a "great" book when I am done editing it. It will be a "great" accomplishment to get something beta and/or sub worthy when it as polished and perfect as I can get it.

And even if my day sucked, I have something "great" to go home to. I have a purpose. I have an Everest to climb.

*puts on lamp and affixes spikes to shoes* <-- this probably looks hysterical at 3:25 on a Monday, but the people here think I'm weird anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment