Monday, October 31, 2011

NaNoWriMo Eve & Halloween

I luv me sum Halloween. And I luv me sum NaNoWriMo.

*Throws hands in the air, just don't care*

No. Really. I don't. Not about much else. Writing is about all I have right now, and I am so glad to have something to funnel my energy into. Things are sucking a bit at the moment. Trying to scrape up enough money to pay rent and eat at the same time just seems to get harder and harder each month. It's seven months before I can seriously think of getting out of here and into a place with waaaaay less rent. It's also a drain on me emotionally to know if I were somewhere else, things wouldn't be so fucking hard.

Don't mean to be a ungrateful or a whiner. But it's good to have something to focus on. It's also putting my nervous and somewhat obsessive energy into something positive. NaNoWriMo is wrapped up in a warm blanket of good feeling. There's the NaNoWriMo website, the peptalks, the AW Write 1 Sub 1, of which many folks are participating in NaNo, the NaNo forums on AW... just all kinds of places to throw yourself down on the floor and roll in the warm effluvia of writing and creating love. I've also found photos of my heroine and the places she'll be inhabiting as inspiration. I've got them set as screen savers and background art on my computer.

But there is still tonight to go. One more scene to write in Dreadight before I go back to editing. One more LIVE ghost hunt on SyFy to go! GHOSTHUNTERS! Ah. My delights. They are small and insignificant, but they are mine.

4 comments:

  1. You are in my thoughts! Sending positive energy for everything to go right (and write!) for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Wendy. Sometimes, you post stuff in the late afternoon and regret it later....but this is supposed to be my "writer's journey" - it's been hard sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi bettielee! I just wandered over from AbsoluteWrite, and I'm looking forward to exploring your blog some more. Good luck with NaNo... My Muse is high-maintenance and bitchy, and I'm afraid I'll piss her off if I try to make her work too hard! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! :) Mine is a bit of a pill as well. Thank you for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete