Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Only 3 Pages

I had to give up after a while. I only got 3 pages tonight, but I got a late start. I’ve been having some cool email exchanges lately. I’ve been critiqued and done critiques for people, tried to inspire someone to trot out some poetry, exchanged story ideas - do you know, I know two people working on fairy stories? And I am not working on a fairy story! 


Speaking of critiques, I don’t mean to toot my own fairy flute, but I’ve gotten two nice responses from readers on the first chapter of Tales from the Dragonfael. Both of them were confused about some things, but apparently, I worked my magic well enough to confuse them into saying it had promise! I am stoked. 


If you, too, are a writer of the fiction, the short variety or the poetry, there is a killer new ezine taking the country and the internet and even  the printed realm by storm:

http://www.scribblersandinkspillers.com/

And it pays cash money! Check it out, please follow the submission instructions, as that is always an admirable thing in a writer. It helps you get published. Not following the submission instructions lead to derision and failure.


I’ve also noticed my ranks are swelling. I now have 10 followers. Have faith, my people, and await the signal. You will be given instructions.... soon.


4 comments:

  1. Three pages is better than a poke in the eye, but you sometimes have to be stingy with the time you dedicate on other stuff.

    By the way, have you read Tolkien's Tree and Leaf collection. It has a very good essay on Fairy stories and in the stories you can see the genesis of Tolkien's take on Elves, and Galadriel as she eventually appears in the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay on the good crits!!!


    *Hugm kiss, lick*
    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! nice to hear that.

    And thanks for the linky. I don't writ fiction, haven't written fiction in years, but maybe now's the time, when I'm broke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone for stopping by. And yes, 3 pages ARE better than a poke in the eye. Anyone with a kitten can attest to this.

    hugs, kisses for Adam!

    Good luck with some fiction, spam! So cool to see you in the fairytale!

    I, I am going to write people. Curl up under one of my old oaks and take a nap if you wish. Or drink from the stream. I've had the water tested. It's all good!

    ReplyDelete