Monday, June 1, 2009

whooooo hooooooo

Two words for today. WHOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!

Finally! A breakthrough. I had a writing session where I wasn’t sitting there, counting each and every page, wondering when does the torture end? When can I stop for the day?! Or, God, I wish this was over because I have a good idea for a blog entry, but if I had to to one extra half page in the Truthsayer’s Plot, I’m going to have to slit open my wrist and make a deal with the nearest devil. My goal was 4 pages, I did 6-1/2! 


I really need to start writing earlier. It is such a relief to have it “over” for the day, and have the rest of the night to myself. Maybe its been hard because writing seems to be the last thing I do, rather than the first. By the time I open up my word processor, I’ve got a few hours of guilt. Maybe they are holding me down. 


On another note:

Anyone a Stephen King fan? He co-wrote an excellent book with Peter Straub called the Talisman. In it, the main character, Jack, had this fairy-tale place he visited as a child. As he got older, he learned that the Daydreams weren’t pretend; he had the ability to go there. A man named Speedy Parker tells him how to get back to this land, and says they are called “The Territories.” At one point, Jack, who has departed on a Quest for the Talisman, is picked up by a nasty man running a “Christian” home for wayward boys. It’s all a scam, and connected to the baddies in the Territories. One of the sermons the bad man gives is from the bible, and it struck a chord with me:


Fret not thyself because of evildoers,

neither be thou envious against

the workers of iniquity

for they shall soon be cut down like the grass

and wither as the green herb.

Trust in the Lord, and do good;

so shalt thou dwell in the Territories


That is my wish. To dwell in the Territories, obviously, the ones of my own making. I have this saying on a card on my desk, and I read it all the time. I guess I think of it as Trust in the Muse, and do good, because I am sure she has an ear bent God’s way. I am trying to do good, in life and in writing, and in reaching out to other writers and giving them encouragement. I think I get more from reaching out to people with a kind word (or a kick in the butt) than I am giving. It’s an interesting discovery!


I’ve noticed I have 8 followers now. I thank you all for stopping by, and hope to hear from you, your thoughts on my posts, or free advice, if you have it to give. Thank you!

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful news on the writing, Bettie! It's great when everything comes together and you get a bunch of work done. :-)


    Love and hugs,
    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of my 8 followers, you are the only one I stalk.
    luvs,
    bettielee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Congrats on the page count! You're on a roll!

    Bunny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Bettie -

    I'm like you. I'd rather 'have written, than write.' I've found that the sooner I get to writing, the better it goes, the less painful it is to get started. If I write as soon as I get up in the morning it goes easy. If I can't do that then I find myself putting it off and putting it off . . . like I'm doing now! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you mean twitter followers or blogspot followers O.o but congratulations!!! That is great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love SK. All of his books are real gems, and it's too bad some people avoid him because all they think he writes are 'Horror stories.' His books are well layered, and if you real many of them, you'll see how all his books tie in to one another. It's amazing.

    Congrats on the writing front!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, Bettielee. You are a bright spot in the Royal fairy realm and I hope to read some of your excerpts soon. Thanks for being such a friend. (Nice little place ya got here, btw. :)

    Keep up the minxing!;)

    Manix

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your comments. Me and newadventures... are alike it seems, and yes, writing should be the first thing to do... and would be if I could stay off the darn internet.

    Is that a Bunnytail I see flashing through the Far Seeing Fairydom? I think it is!

    Angela - yes, SK is the master!

    Spam - 8 followers of blogdom, and now it is 9. Today, Blogger. Tomorrow, the world!

    And Manix came by! That is the scent of musk and armor polish, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't follow on blogger, I just add people to my blogroll and that lets me know when they've updated.

    Woo! You're lucky enough to have a visit and a comment from ME! You must be speshul nao. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh. My. God. It's sparklepeaches, everybody! quick - get her! (that was for affection, not kidnapping!) I do feel special now... Thank you, Scarlet!

    ReplyDelete