Sunday, April 14, 2013

Today is the day....



Warning, everybody. This is a bitch post. It gets better near the end.

Greetings, fearless readers. I must beg again for your forgiveness. I have left the blog to linger... but I, also, have been lingering. Near the doldrums. The quiets. The not-so-greats. I am in a tiny sailboat with no wind. No wind whatsoever. I haven't been editing at a reportable pace. I might get a chapter or two here or there and that's it. The whole poetry writing thing? Out the window. I haven't done shit.


What have I been doing? Well, I have been reading. That is the only good thing I have to say for myself. I have steadily been putting up reviews on Books with BettieLee - if you would like to check out, I would be honored.... (that is a link by the way)


The one thing that has happened - I have renewed my lease on the studio. Where I live. No, I'm not a fancy pants that has a separate studio to write in... I am a paycheck to paycheck dweller who went from living in a horrendous box to living in a much more affordable albeit-furnitureless studio that overlooks a pond with a willow tree that willows over the pond, ducks, various cats and doggies that come out to play... in short, I live in a pretty awesome place. I am very lucky and have my parents to thank for helping me move out of that horrible dark hole I was in, spiritually, financially and literally. They didn't only move me, they gave me the financial support to do it. When I harken back to the first few months I was here, I was a dynamo. On FIRE. I edited every day, I plotted and planned and looked forward to more stories, I continuously won awards (meaning smilies that waved and clapped) in the Absolute Write Weekend Report Thread. I need to get back to that.

So. Today is the first day of getting back up on the horse. Today, we start editing every day, for a solid week. And if we absolutely can't face editing, we are going to write and/or dabble in something else. But every day for this week, I am going to write and blog, blog and write, like a grown up, responsible person that wants to be a writer and has a bug in her pocket and speaks about herself and her bug in third person. In other words, I am going to hold myself accountable.

Today, we begin with two chapters of my straight-up unsellable fantasy about Uny-corns. At least two chapters. I will report on how it went tomorrow.

What say you, friends? Into the breach, once more? I will give you.... the highest of fives... and a Cumberbatch Meme.... :) Two for one. It's all deals here, like Walmart.



10 comments:

  1. LOL, wow...

    Okay, I'm in!

    *highest five*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! You go, fairy! I'm not in, but I'll be rooting from the sidelines for you even if you do talk about yourself and your bug in third person. :P *tosses pixie stix at bettie for energy*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane! I give you! The highest of fives!

    Tiff - thank you hon!

    TP: *gobbles all the pixie stixies!* thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's the spirit! Get back into it - edit your heart out! Look out at that great view and then put your characters to work. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Five tonnes of Good Luck to you Bettie :-) ... https://twitter.com/Benny_Hiddles

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl! You know we're with you.

    ReplyDelete